I’m really excited about the Fly-In this weekend in Vegas, but a little dissappointed too… B17 is NOT finished. Work, responsibility, etc just got in the way! I’m Bummed. I want to fly it SO bad, but I don’t want to rush it either. Servos are in, retracts are in, surfaces are all hinged and linked, all 4 motors are in, RX battery is in. Some of the windows are glued.
Still to do:
Fit/Mount Flight Batteries
Run Servo Extensions
Install Retract Control Valve
Modify Cockpit canopy assembly so that it is removable to access switch, fill valve, charge jack.
Plug Hole in Cowls where they were ground out for the Engine Installation section in the manual. We’re going electric so we don’t need those holes anymore! This requires a fair amount of work as well as paint matching and painting.
Run up motors, make final prop choices.
Final complete system Check
That’s more than I’m going to do in a day.
Anyway, this weekend we’ll still be flying a VAN-Load of planes…
1. Squall. We’ll have at least 2 Squalls, maybe 3 or 4. I’m bringing two: 1 with 3 cell and 1 with 4 cell with Thrust Vector. Should be fun.
2. Model Tech Super Fli Prototype. 84″ Span, 10S pack. It’s a fun, good looking, scale aircraft. And since Phil Kraft designed the Full-Scale, that makes it VERY cool. For those who haven’t seen one, it looks a little like a mono-wing Pitts.
3. Phase 3 Mini Mustang. Just like the Mini Spitfire, We’re releasing a Mini Mustang and it will be FUN to get this little guy out there. It’s fast!
4. Speaking of Fast.. We’ll be flying the Mini Mach Racer from Model Tech. Weight is 16 oz ready to fly, thrust is 16 ounces at full throttle. That’s some fun power on a little tiny plane!
5. BH Models 46 Size Gilmore Red Lion Racer. We’re running a 4120 KMS motor. Has a hatch in the bottom for battery access.
Will be flying, of course, with the SD-10G and the RDS8000. So, we’ll have radios out there to show, answer questions, etc. If you have any questions, etc. about Airtronics, drop by! We’ll show you all the new ATX Digi’s coming out too! (Shhh it’s kinda’ a secret! Well, maybe not anymore!)
Mike B. and Mark S. will be there too in the HP Tent and they’re bringing Squalls too I think. So maybe we’ll have 4?
So, if you’re in Vegas this weekend and want to check out these planes, stop by! Bill Bennet TOC field. Sat and Sun!
See you there!